I hope everyone had a safe and fun New Year Celebration. I have never been one for resolutions. I think we should always have goals to further who we are at all times. I am always struggling to find balance with being happy with the person I am and the person I want to be. Sometimes being a mother, wife, business manager can be overwhelming and sometimes one of the balls drops. Sometimes it may take me a while to pick it up. So this year I thought I should make some goals and some master to do list for the year. Not necessarily resolutions but things I want to accomplish in the next year. Now bear with me some of these things can be well, quite cliche like #1 on my list.
1. To lose weight. A lot of weight. I have never been a stick thin girl but never have I been fat either. I have always been curvy, having hips and breasts at the ripe old age of 11 will do that to ya. I had babies, I gained weight, I lost the weight and then gained it all back. I am bigger than I have ever been outside of pregnancy. I need to lose this weight. It has dragged my self esteem down with it and I cannot put myself down any longer. So on Mondays you will see me posting McFatty Mondays, as I join twitter and blogger friends on a weight loss journey.
2. Organize my home. As most you can relate, since adding another child to our family I have lost the fine art of spring cleaning. Most things are shoved into a closet or drawer until I have time which is never. I want to start in our room, then the boys, garage and end in kitchen.
3. I would like to repaint our family room and finally hang all my pictures.
4. I want my garden to be bigger and better this year. Planting more herbs and some beans
5. I want to be a better wife to my husband. I need to work on our friendship. We need to set an official date night. I need to nurture him and show him I appreciate him more.
6. I want to enjoy my kids more. I need to stop worrying about when everything will get done and just plop down on the floor with my kids and play.
7. I resolved last year that I am going back to school. Unfortunately I couldn’t but this year I am. I am going to start no matter what. I need this for me.
8. I want to sell my baked goods at a farmers market this year. I enjoy cooking and baking so much I want to share with others my passion.
9. I want to reignite the passion for coffee in my store. I will begin the new coffee master program this month and will also begin coffee seminars in my store again.
10. Lastly I want to blog more. I have found so much joy out of it. I feel better when I get it out or share a recipe or talk about a new coffee. It’s just fun and it’s all mine.
What goals or to do’s do you have in store for 2011?